CREATIVE & PERFORMING ARTS
Learning is not restricted to our classrooms, and we have worked hard to develop a culture in which freedom of expression and exploration percolate through the curriculum at all levels.
We’re immensely proud of how Creative Arts and Performing Arts are valued by both parents and students and actively encourage students to visit theatres, museums, and galleries, and represent the school at regional and national competitions.
Creative Arts includes Art, Photography, and Design Technology. Performing Arts includes Drama, Dance, and Music.
Students experience a wide range of stimulating and engaging topics at all levels, delivered by a highly motivated and passionate team who understand that this important area of the curriculum develops creativity and social skills such as teamwork and confidence.
As well as being popular with students, the Creative Arts and Performing Arts subjects also provide rigorous and challenging content through to GCSE and A-level.
Alongside the curriculum, our professional and passionate staff facilitate many extra-curricular projects in a wide variety of disciplines, catering for every interest of our varied student body. This helps them embed Performing Arts and Creative Arts into the everyday life of the school.
We are equally proud of the range of opportunities that students have to further develop their passion. Many have showcased their hard work and talents in:
- Drama Productions – Foundation and Primary (Years 1, 2 & 6) Showcase Event
- JAS Productions: High School Musical (2020), Bugsy Malone (2022), OLIVER! (2023), Grease (2024)
- Termly Music Concerts – Primary Showcase Event
- GCSE and A-Level Performance Evenings
- Primary Music Soiree – Primary Showcase Event
- JAS Create – Secondary Creative and Performing Arts Festival
- JAS Has Got Talent! – Year 6 & Secondary Talent show
- JAS Portrait Artist of the Year – Years 7 & 8 project
- F1 in Schools UAE National Finals – Secondary project hosted at Yas Marina Circuit
- Composition Corner – Showcase KS3 work to a professional
- Battle of the Bands – Year 9 project on rehearsing & performing
- KS3 Performance Evening
- Winter and Summer Concerts – Secondary Showcase Event
- Tunes of Tuesday
- Desert Dance – Primary & Secondary
- EXPO Young Stars – Al Wasl Dome Performance
The opportunities to take part have included:
- Dubai Opera Theatre Trips
- Drama Workshops – The Paper Birds, Lawrence Carmichael, Stage Ed: Blood Brothers
- LAMDA Examinations
- Tech Crew
- JAS Dancers
- GCSE Composition; Apple Store – Music
- Choirfest – Music
- Louvre, Abu Dhabi – Art (Year 7)
- Dubai’s Seaside/Coastline – Art (Year 10)
- Dubai Art Week – Art (Years 10 & 11)
- Architecture Photography – Photography (Year 10)
- F1 in Schools National Finals – Design Tech (Years 7 to 9)
- Dubai Design Week – Design Tech (Years 10 & 11)
YEARS 7 – 9
The Performing Arts and Creative Arts curricular are dynamic and exciting for all students in Year 7 through to Year 9.
YEARS 10 – 11
Our Key Stage 4 curriculum is created and delivered to support students who intend to go on to study GCSE Art & Design, GCSE Design Technology, GCSE Drama and/or GCSE Music.
Our extra-curricular programme continues to offer numerous Creative Arts and Performing Arts opportunities for all students. Our Key Stage 4 students also participate in the various showcase evenings and productions, not just as performers but also as lighting, sound, set and stage assistants.
YEARS 12 – 13
A GCSE qualification is a prerequisite for students wishing to study Creative Arts and/or Performing Arts at A-level.
A-level students are exposed to a wider range of techniques and develop greater breadth and depth of knowledge. To help them achieve this, students have an extra six hours of dedicated subject time per week. Whilst students are expected to work on projects and assignments outside designated lesson time, ongoing support from specialist teachers within the Creative Arts and Performing Arts departments is available.
Key Stage 5 students will begin to support extra-curricular clubs and societies, taking on additional responsibility to support performances and productions; hosting showcase evenings, and contributing to choreography, set design, lighting and sound.
We invite you to visit us, and experience for yourself what makes Jebel Ali School such a special place to be.
Our highly experienced Admissions Team is on hand to discuss and answer any questions or queries. Our admissions process begins with the completion of an online enquiry, an invitation to a school tour with our Academic Team followed by a formal application.
We look forward to welcoming you.