Year 2 > Next week . . .
16th May 2013
Next week in Year 2:
• Locating commas in our guided reading books and talking about why they are used
• Cursive handwriting – Writing a personal diary entry
• Using commas when writing a list.
• Topic chosen per set as informed by our recent assessments.
• Finishing our Forces topic
• Starting our Electricity topic of ‘Power Up’
• Investigating circuits.
• Tudor houses – we will start making these using a cereal box and Mod Roc
(Please make sure your child has brought in a cereal box before their art lesson.)
• Identifying what things about me have changed since I was born and what will stay the same as I get older.
(Please send in a baby photo of your child if you have not already done so. Thank you.)
Kidzania Trip where the children will experience the job of a fire fighter
2D and 2W Tuesday 21 May 2013
2S and 2T Wednesday 22 May 2013
Please complete and return the permission slip, with your child’s meal preference and the correct money attached, to your child’s class teacher, no later than Sunday 19 May 2013.
We will leave school at 8.30am and return to school at approximately 12.30pm. Children will need to wear school uniform, but DO NOT require a snack box.
Finally, can we remind you that recorders takes place in Year 2 on Wednesdays so pupils need to ensure they have their recorders and folders.
Year 2 Team